Even though many people are starting to think of microwave ovens as a thing of the past, it still makes sense to purchase a set of dinnerware that doesn’t get hot in the oven.
Dinnerware that doesn’t get hot in microwave
-Plastic containers and dishes don’t get too hot while they’re left in the microwave.
-Glass bowls and plates are more likely to start melting and smoking when exposed to high heat, so sticking with plastic is better for your health.
-Microwave-safe dinnerware is safe to use in the microwave, but it will heat up faster.
-If you see that your dinnerware is blackening or melting, then it’s time to throw them out.
-Never use any plastic utensils with the microwave. Plastic utensils may melt when exposed to high heat, and you don’t want getting burned because of your dinnerware!
-Never put silverware or dishes in the microwave after cleaning them in a dishwasher or washing by hand.
-Stick with small quantities of food rather than heating large platters.
What is Microwave Safe Dinnerware?
A microwave safe dinnerware is one that will not get too hot when heated in a microwave. If your dinnerware doesn’t get hot, then you won’t have to worry about it melting or leaving a smoke ring behind as you heat food. In particular, if your dinnerware is marked as “microwave safe” then it’s best to stick with plastic.
The material that makes up your dinnerware is a key factor in whether or not it gets hot in the microwave. Of course, you’ll also have to consider how big the dinnerware is. For example, a dinner plate that’s 15″x15″ will get very hot in the microwave, whereas a dinner plate that’s 10″x10″ will not.
What to consider when choosing a dinnerware that doesn’t get hot
-Larger dinnerware is more likely to get hot in the microwave. For example, a large glass bowl will heat up faster than a small bowl.
-Plastic and ceramic are the safest choice when choosing your microwave safe dinnerware. As mentioned earlier, glass may melt if exposed to high heat (as you do in the microwave). No matter what other materials you choose for your dinnerware, plastic or ceramic is always safe to use in the microwave.
Designed for microwave use
-If your dinnerware is designed with the words “microwave safe” on the bottom or a different design that indicates it’s microwave safe, then you don’t have to worry about it getting hot. You can bet that your dinnerware will not get hot.
Use of your dinnerware
-When heating with an oven, you don’t have to worry about it. But, when heating up food in the microwave you need to stick with plastic or ceramic containers and dishes. It’s because these materials will not get hot as quickly as other materials.
-If you want to control your food’s temperature, then stick with a ceramic because it will not heat food up quickly.
If you have a large dinnerware collection, then you’ll have to consider what works best when it comes time to heat up your food. For example, if you have a set of serving platters that have been in the freezer for a month, then they won’t be as efficient as new ones. Likewise, if your dinnerware is thin, then it will heat up faster than if it’s one inch thick.
How to take care of your microwave
If you want to take care of your microwave, then you need to follow these steps:
-Never use a metal or wooden utensil in your microwave. Although it’s rare, these utensils may cause sparks and damage the inside of your microwave. Metal scrubbers can even leave behind metal particles, which can also damage the interior of your microwave.
-Always clean up any spills immediately so that food does not burn onto the bottom of your microwave. This will make for easy cleaning later on.
-Only heat up defrosted food. Food fresh out of the freezer can start to melt and deteriorate the material in your microwave.
-Don’t put an empty plate in your microwave unless you’re reheating something or drying it off after washing. Unused plates won’t get hot, but they will cause your microwave to work harder, which will make it less efficient over time.
-Never use a dirty sponge to clean your microwave because it can leave behind harmful bacteria. Instead, you should use a wet paper towel or a piece of cloth to clean it up.
-Wash your dishes in the dishwasher rather than by hand.
-Don’t overheat food because it can leave a strange taste behind and waste energy.